1 Upcoming Events
New Zealand1 Events
- Apr 04Apr04Find ticketsSat 6:30 pmEnergy Events Centre, Rotorua - RotoruaTE WERO - Fashion Runway
About TE WERO - Fashion Runway
The story behind ‘Te Wero’.
Te Wero = trans The Challenge
'Te Wero' (trans: The Challenge). A new fashion runway event weaving together a collaboration of extremely talented emerging and established Māori designers within one gorgeous Red Carpet event.
Why called 'The Challenge? Māori design is fast becoming a major contender on the global stage. It's not an easy journey, and swims against the tide of mainstream traditional European thinking when it comes to fashion.
'Te Wero' presents the idea, the beauty of masterfully created and generational design technique paired with contemporary and unique design innovation.
Our collective "Kete" of designers showcasing on the runway include ::
- Taongahuia Maxwell - KAHU HUIA by Taongahuia
- Wairata Warbrick
- Nichola Te Kiri - NICHOLA Contemporary Maori Designs
- Paulette Teatai-Ariki - LETTY
- Cheremene Castle
- Mitchell Vincent - Mitchel Vincent Collection
- Jeanine Clarkin - Jeanine Clarkin Design
This is an event not to be missed.
We look forward to having you join us in April 2020.
- 'Te Wero' 2020 team.