5 Upcoming Events
New Zealand5 Events
- Mar 04Mar04Find ticketsWed 8:00 pmShed 6 - WellingtonNZFOTA - Black Ties (Shed 6)Limited Availability
- Mar 05Mar05Find ticketsThu 8:00 pmShed 6 - WellingtonNZFOTA - Black Ties (Shed 6)Low Availability
- Mar 06Mar06Find ticketsFri 8:00 pmShed 6 - WellingtonNZFOTA - Black Ties (Shed 6)Low Availability
- Mar 07Mar07Find ticketsSat 1:30 pmShed 6 - WellingtonNZFOTA - Black Ties (Shed 6)Low Availability
- Mar 07Mar07Find ticketsSat 8:00 pmShed 6 - WellingtonNZFOTA - Black Ties (Shed 6)Low Availability
About NZFOTA - Black Ties (Shed 6)
When Māori corporate hotshot Hera and Aboriginal consultancy entrepreneur Kane locked eyes at a Cultural Awareness session, it was love at first sight. Ambitious and career focused, Kane and Hera now have their perfect future all mapped out. But there is one thing they can’t control … their families!
As the biggest mob of Aunties, Uncles and cousins from both sides of the ditch get worked up for the biggest, brownest wedding ever, reality is sinking in. Fast. Will this international love story bring two strong cultures together? Or will it blow Hera and Kane’s world apart? Created by a bold and brilliant team of Māori, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, BLACK TIES is a hilarious and heart-warming immersive theatre experience where you’re the guest of honour on the big day.
With a live band pumping out all your party favourites and wedding classics, you’ll leave sure that the power of love can unite all people – for better or worse. Nau mai, piki mai, grab your bow tie!
This project has been assisted by the Australian Government’s Major Festivals Initiative, managed by the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body, in association with the Confederation of Australian International Arts Festivals Inc., commissioned by Sydney Festival, Perth Festival, Brisbane Festival, New Zealand Festival, Auckland Festival, and AsiaTOPA/Arts Centre Melbourne.