6 Upcoming Events
New Zealand6 Events
- Mar 09Mar09Find ticketsTue 7:00 PMTe Oro - Glen Innes, NZAAF: Sorry For Your LossLow Availability
- Mar 11Mar11Find ticketsThu 7:00 PMGlen Eden Playhouse Theatre - Auckland, NZAAF: Sorry For Your Loss
- Mar 12Mar12Find ticketsFri 12:00 PMGlen Eden Playhouse Theatre - Auckland, NZAAF: Sorry For Your LossLow Availability
- Mar 13Mar13Find ticketsSat 7:00 PMWarkworth Town Hall - Warkworth, NZAAF: Sorry For Your Loss
- Mar 16Mar16Find ticketsTue 7:00 PMArtworks, Waiheke - Waiheke Island, NZAAF: Sorry For Your Loss
- Mar 18Mar18Find ticketsThu 7:00 PMHawkins Theatre, Papakura - Auckland, NZAAF: Sorry For Your Loss
About AAF: Sorry For Your Loss
What kind of father can’t remember his own daughter’s surname, anyway?
Exciting up-and-coming theatremaker Cian Gardner ponders this and other curly life questions in a play about growing up with a mostly-not-there dad.
She tells her personal, bittersweet story – and pays tribute to the strength of wāhine toa – by jumping between multiple characters and generations, in a dynamic physical performance set to live music. Keeping it real and relatable, Sorry For Your Loss is a sad, funny, honest-as one-woman show you won’t forget in a hurry, suitable for all audiences.
“A beautiful heartfelt piece that defies you not to be moved… With a wonderfully light touch, Gardner finds her way into our hearts with both her words and her performance.” — Victor Rodger
“Cian is a powerful and nuanced performer, and has crafted a delicate and deeply affecting show. It’s a beautiful piece of theatre.” — Jo Randerson
“A moving, deftly told story… a very special type of theatre experience.” — Stuff